Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mother Knows Best

So my mom was visiting the other day when the kids and I found this HUGE dead beetle in the driveway (insert inappropriate John Lennon joke here).

Annnnyway.....it only seemed natural to me to run over to my mom and ask what kind of beetle it was (not "do you know..." but simply "what kind...").  Her deadpan response was, "There are more species of beetle on the Earth than all other creatures combined.  I don't know all of them."

So I guess you never really get over expecting your parents to know everything.  REALLY scary that my kids will think the same of me!

4 comments:

Valentina's buddy said...

Hm.. but your kids won't necessarily expect the same of you .. unless you have and plan to maintain a family tradition of creating such disillusion? I definitely wouldn't expect my mom to know such things. And I'm pretty sure I never would have expected her to know.

Beth Potterveld said...

What? You mean rocket scientists don't know everything?!

Melissa said...

@Beth - we know enough to know when to say, "it's definitely not rocket science!"

Melissa said...

@Val's Bud - I'm not sure that my mom ever did anything to try to get us to think that she knew everything, I just keep asking her stuff that I don't know and expect her to know. I was asking her to ID some rocks found in the backyard a few weeks ago.